The European Solids Mechanics Conference will be holding their 10th conference in July 2018 and Insigneo Executive Director, Professor Marco Viceconti, will be attending as a co-chair on one of the mini-symposia.
- Beginning of April you will receive the invitation to submit the abstract for your MS
- Middle of June you will receive the invitation of inviting perspective participants in your MS
- The opening for the abstract submission will be 15th July and the deadline is 15th November.
- Finally, you will be asked to review the abstract of the participants in your MS before the end of January 2018.
Please view the conference web site for further information on how to submit abstracts as well as information on registering and accommodation.
A selection of mini-symposia and biomechanics featured at the conference are:
- Brain Mechanics: Antoine Jerusalem, Alain Goriely
- Cell Mechanics: José Manuel Garcia Aznar, Patrick McGarry, Paolo Bisegna
- Mechanics and Shape Control of Biological Membranes and Thin Structures: Marino Arroyo, Antonio DeSimone, Giovanni Noselli
- Mechanics of Silk: from Molecules to Orb-webs: Franke Graeter, Nicola Pugno
- Mechanics of Soft Biological Tissues: Gerhard A. Holzapfel, Ray W. Ogden
- Cardiovascular Biomechanics and Mechanobiology: from Basics to Clinical Applications: Christian Cyron, Alessandro Veneziani
- Mechanics of Mineralised Tissues and Biomaterials: Anna Tampieri, Marco Viceconti
The first announcement of the conference and further details can be viewed here.