The 8th Annual Mellanby Centre Research Day will be held on Friday 1 December 2017 at the Edge, Endcliffe Village, The University of Sheffield.
The aim of our meeting is to communicate novel & innovative musculoskeletal research within our group and, more importantly, with our friends and collaborators from other research institutions and industry, and with other University colleagues. We also aim to showcase our research profile to the broader public and research funders.
Our musculoskeletal research interests span skeletal diseases of childhood to the elderly, and cover both benign and malignant bone disease. Our clinical research covers areas of metabolic bone diseases including osteoporosis, childhood bone diseases, tumour-induced bone diseases. The Mellanby Centre is a partner with the AR-UK/MRC Centre for Integrated Musculoskeletal Ageing (CIMA) and with Insigneo, Europe’s largest centre for in silico medicine.
- Professor Nick Harvey is from the Lifecourse Epidemiology Unit at the University of Southampton and is the lead for DXA measurements in the UK Biobank.
- Professor John Loughlin is Professor of Musculoskeletal Research at Newcastle University where he is the Site Director for CIMA.
- Dr Gabri van der Pluijm is Associate Professor and head of Urology Research Laboratory at the Leiden University Medical Center, NL with over 25 years of experience in the bone metastasis field, in particular in prostate cancer.
- Dr Munitta Muthana is Non-Clinical Lecturer in the Academic Unit of Inflammation & Tumour Targeting, Department of Oncology & Metabolism, University of Sheffield.
- Dr Meena Balasubramanian is Consultant Clinical Geneticist; Lead Geneticist for the Highly specialised, severe, complex and atypical Osteogenesis Imperfecta national service; Honorary Senior Lecturer, Department of Oncology & Metabolism, University of Sheffield.
Deadline for registration: 24 November 2017
To register/submit an abstract visit www.mellanbycentre.org and click on ‘News & Events’.