General Assembly of the UK Chapter of the VPH Institute
Thursday, 5 September - Friday, 6 September
In May 2018, a new UK-national branch of the Virtual Physiological Human Institute (VPHi) was born: the VPHi-UK chapter.
We are five elected board members at your service coming from different UK universities to drive all initiatives of the chapter:
- Enrico Dall’Ara – President (University of Sheffield)
- Pietro Liò – Network Chair (University of Cambridge)
- Moazen Mehran – Engagement Chair (University College London)
- Marlène Mengoni – Policy Chair (University of Leeds)
- Emilie Sauvage – Communication Chair (Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children / UCL)
We would like to host our first general assembly at the next BioMedEng19 conference, which will take place in London on the 5-6th of September 2019. We will host a full VPHi-UK chapter special session at the conference called “Virtual Physiological Human Research (organised by the VPHi-UK Chapter)”.
To submit an abstract to this special session by the 15th of March. You can choose the session during the submission of the abstract.
A dedicated website for the VPHi-UK chapter will soon be available to present the team, the mission statement as well as regular updates on future events that we are planning to organize.
We would like to give visibility to good cases of VPH related research in the UK by advertising them on our website. So, we invite submission of the most amazing cases of biomedical application using in-silico tools. Please send to “email@example.com” a small summary of your research findings including:
- a title
- a list of group leaders who worked on the project
- a short paragraph below 200 words about the study/project
- 1-2 illustrations
- one or more links to potential website and/or publication.
Finally, we would like to expand the members of VPHi-UK chapter. Please do not hesitate to tell your colleagues working in VPH related research to contact us so that they can be included in our mailing list (hosted as a Google group).
The VPHi-UK chapter board