This year’s showcase was attended by more than 200 delegates!
The information below is for reference only.
This year we’re celebrating Insigneo’s fifth birthday as Europe’s largest academic institute devoted entirely to the development of in silico medical technologies.
As always, attendance is free.
Take a look at our updated programme below to find out more
- Agenda (page 1)
- List of poster presentations (page 2)
- Poster presenters and Industrial Village floor plan (page 3)
- Sponsors and supporters (page 4)
Date: Thursday, 11 May 2017
Joining instructions, venue map and programme
Registration and abstracts
Visit our Registration Page to register as a delegate. Abstract submissions have now closed.
Abstract submissions have now closed. The content below is for information only. You may, however, still register as a delegate.
Prize: Amazon vouchers for the best poster presenter.
We invite you to submit an abstract for our poster display and competition by 1 April. Submissions will be peer-reviewed by the Insigneo Showcase Scientific Committee. We are keen to represent a wide range of Insigneo’s research areas. We also welcome abstracts from other departments and external researchers in the area of in silico medicine.
Abstract format should meet all of the following conditions:
- Contains no more than one figure or table.
- Up to 500 words.
- The text in the figure or table does not count towards the word limit but your abstract should fit on one A4 page.
- The title, the name and affiliation of each author does not count towards the word limit.
- Is one of following file formats: .pdf, .doc, .docx.
- Has a maximum file size of 2MB.
A few weeks after the submission deadline we will be in touch to provide feedback and at this point give information on the poster format, printing and displaying your poster on the day.
If you have already registered for the event and now want to submit an abstract please reregister.
The day will feature:
- Presentations and engaging displays of the high-quality research carried out at our Institute;
- An Industrial Village showcasing in silico medicine’s latest commercial applications;
- Talks covering the full scope of our research, from fundamental science to translation and from clinical implementation to industrial development;
- Networking opportunities and one-to-one discussions with funders, academics and clinicians.
Last year’s event attracted well over 280 participants across all of healthcare, and we enjoyed significant levels of media attention.
We have specific opportunities for many categories of visitor:
Funders: We’d like you to take advantage of a no-charge display stand, at which you can promote your funding opportunities and engage with researchers. We would also seek to facilitate one-to-one discussions, and will put at your disposal a number of break out rooms for individual and group discussions. Please just make a note in the comments section of the registration form.
Clinicians: Understand the potential impact of in silico medicine in your speciality. Our focus on clinical translation provides a unique opportunity to experience how in silico medicine has the potential to support diagnostics, assessments and treatments in your area of medicine. We would actively support you in discussing your diagnostic and treatment challenges, and facilitate meetings on the day with Insigneo research staff and our guest funders. Please just make a note in the comments section of the registration form.
Patient Groups: Our Institute is a collaboration between academics and clinicians, with a multi-disciplinary membership of over 140, focusing on understanding health and disease. Please come with questions and enthusiasm to discuss your areas of interest with our teams.
Fellow Academics: Come and see how our research can complement your own work, and identify potential collaborations with our modellers, clinicians, physicists, mathematicians and engineers.
We look forward to seeing you soon!